Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Strength and beauty


Don't let the delicacy of these perfect mum blossoms fool you.

This flower is no wimp.

It survived winter in my flower box, surprising me come spring when it started to grow without being planted again. Everything else in that box died and stayed dead as the temperature dropped and the freezing weather set in for months and months. What a surprise to find a volunteer.

More impressive than that, it survived my unpredictable watering all summer long. I'm just not capable of something as tedious as watering every day. And often it was near death by the time I got to it. But it perked up every time -- even after the occasional vacation where I just didn't want to ask any favors and was sure it would rain once or twice anyway.

So I give you these beautiful blossoms, not just for you to enjoy, but for you to appreciate. This beauty has strength. It survives. It thrives.

It inspires.





No comments: