Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's good to be slow














Timing is everything.
Well, maybe not everything. Somebody said that somewhere, but maybe when they said it they were exaggerating and when I say it because it sounds familiar, I'm exaggerating too.
But timing is definitely something.
Because sometimes you have to be fast -- like when photographing fireworks. And sometimes you have to be slow -- like when photographing the moon.
Could I put a plug in for slow?
For not hurrying. For not trying to do everything. For not rushing from one thing to another.
I like slow.
Not because I don't go fast a lot.
But because I go fast often enough to appreciate going slow.


2 comments:

Karen said...

The moon is my Favorite and that is a great shot! I may make you teach me photog one of these days! :)

Gramma Cyddie said...

I love the moon also and all the beach pictures, but i think maybe (it's hard to really choose a favorite) I like the seagulls best!