Wednesday, October 17, 2007



















I like it when the sun shines on my lighthouses.
Yes, they're not really mine. You know that. I know that. But at the moment I capture them in my lens at just the right angle and take them into my camera to save for what I hope will be forever, I feel like something of them -- maybe only for only the tiniest moment -- is mine.


I like it when the sun shines on them. It makes everything warmer and happier and the colors brighter and more dynamic.


But I know lighthouses were made for the times that everything's gray and you can't tell the sea from the sky and you aren't sure where you're going and you know you might run into trouble in getting there. And that's perhaps more dramatic.


I'm glad for sunshine. And I'm also glad that there is still beauty -- and direction - - when there's gray.

1 comment:

jackie said...

i like when the sun shines on your lighthouses too.