Thursday, April 21, 2011

Light

'Twas light proclaimed the Savior's birth
At death the dark earth mourned
And those who lived across the earth
Knew signs by prophets warned.

A star new to the heavenly skies
Told saints He walked and healed
Then days of darkness, fear and cries
His death to them revealed.

Tho' distant now I find my life
From days He blessed and taught
I know He lives from signs and light
I know He's there when sought.

'Tis light that fills my soul with peace
To kneel alone in prayer
The worries, cares and fears release
When I, through Him, can share.

'Tis light that fills my days again
When I to scriptures turn
To read His words to women, men
And of His kindness learn.

The world is dark when daily tasks
Distract me from my aim
And thoughts regress to things long past
Regrets or doubts or blame.

But when I turn to Him and seek
For answers, mercy, more
My world is bright, my hope complete
A calm and joy's restored.

'Twas light that tolled the Savior's birth
'Tis light will bless each day
And while we learn and grow on earth
That light will show the way.

- Louise R. Shaw

No comments: