Wednesday, December 9, 2009

'Tis the season

....to write so many lists you need a list to keep track of your lists.

....to be thinking of so many disparate things that you forget one very most important thing.

....to stand in line at the post office and the grocery store and the photo lab and tell yourself that this is all part of the season you're happily sharing with those really slow people in front of you.

....to wonder how you were ever busy before, when you didn't have wrapping and shopping and decorating and sending to do -- just cleaning and cooking and picking things up at the store and volunteering and working.

'Tis the season to turn on the holiday music really loud and sing along with whoever's singing and remember that everything you do at Christmastime is going to make someone happy. And that will make you happy too.

Here's a happy picture:



Here's a happy verse I wrote some years ago and attached to a Christmas cookie cutter, to help my friends, similarly yoked, with their holidays:

I can shape the holiday, I've all it takes to start
The decor, lights, the treats and gifts are only just a part

I also have a family whose joy I want to feel
And faith to know the Savior's birth makes celebrating real

The shape of every busy day is largely up to me
I'll start with prayer, set steady goals, remember He taught peace

I know the Savior knows my needs, to follow is my choice
That on this holiday to Him, I can, with all, rejoice.

Love to all!

1 comment:

stace said...

pretty picture!! Merry Christmas ;)