Saturday, October 10, 2009

East Coast views

Imagine my surprise, when... ...on rising early to take pictures of the sunrise at Hyannis Port, Massachusetts...
...I spotted a lighthouse across the harbor from the dock where I was shooting.
That happened again and again as we explored New England's capes and islands. Lighthouses of many sizes and colors and signals popped up with sufficient frequency that even a buff (or "nut" as some call it) like me was inspired from sunrise to sunset.
There's something about a lighthouse. Its dramatic presence, its history, its guiding light, its security, its promise.

I never got tired of photographing them -- this one alone from many angles -- as we passed it heading out on a ferry......heading in on the ferry... ...heading off for dinner... ...even having dinner.And a couple mornings later -- more still.
Yes, we had a great time in Massachusetts.
And we saw beautiful things.
And we took many photos.
And this is just a start.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great pictures! It was such a fun trip. Thanks so much for everything!

Unknown said...

There is something so architecturally (?sp) fascinating to me about lighthouses, too. Beautiful photos!